Scramble the egg in a non- stick pan brushed with cooking oil. Enjoy this with a slice of whole-wheat toast topped with a light butter substitute, low-fat cream cheese, or sugar-free jam.
- Watch your portion sizes.
- Keep the diabetes dietary goals in mind, which involve eating more grains, millets, beans, and vegetables than any other type of foods. Use the diabetes food pyramid as a reference for what is good for you . Include meat and protein, non-starchy vegetables, fruit, and milk and other dairy products.
- Cut down on cooking oil by using non-stick pans and heart-healthy butter substitutes.
- Choose low-fat dairy foods: milk, yogurt, and cheeses.
- If you cannot avoid coffee, use skimmed milk and a sugar substitute.